Re: RC: Weekend Story

Garrett!  What an amazing story.  I think you did the right thing by facing
the mountain lion.  I had a similar experience with a cougar here in Santa
Ynez.  Luckily I was on my horse who stood his ground (this is the same horse
who is terriffied of big white rocks, go figure).  I yelled and waved my arms
at the mountain lion and he took off.  He was an impressive sight.  I'm
guessing he weighed over 200 pounds (based on the fact that my 100 pound
laborador looked like a pup by comparison).  It was scary, but I'm thankful
for the experience and to be alive and unharmed by it.  On a side note, did
you report the "bad kitty" to the Forrest Service?  If he's getting
aggressive and bold, they probably need to know about it.  Maybe they can do
a kitty relocation.  Take care!

Sylvia