Re: RC: How to stop the itching?

>oatmeal baths to give us relief from the itch of poison oak.  Do you
>think sponging some of that on Taffy would give her any relief?

Corn Starch works for kids too, and would seem slightly less messy.

We had problems with our little hairy ponies getting lice.  None of the
other horses ever got them, but the description was different, no hives
or welts.  However, if it is critters, I tried tons of the lice powder
and it didn't help.  Ponies were rubbing all their hair off in patches.
Then I used the can of bedding spray for head lice that the Recreation
Center had given me to spray the kids batting helmets with.  That was the
end of our problem.  If it's flying bugs getting her that probably
wouldn't help except temporarily, but if it's an infestation of some
sort, you could try.  You can get it at the drug store, I think RID is
what I used.  It says to keep away from pets, etc. but it didn't seem to
bother the ponies any.

Angie