haley and ansata a rare conversation

Haley and Ansata were discussing an issue in the pasture the other day.
HALEY "yep there they go again. Looks like they have some kind of
comtraption on top of the green monster again."
ANSATA "speaking of monster.. You know I just can't get past those shiny
boogers you know the ones with the big huge eyes and HUGE teeth? Mom got
rather upset with me last time we rode cause I wouldn't go around it, over
it or through it. I tried to negotiate with it but it wouldn't buge.. I
finally went over it. Mom gave me a dreadful swat."
HALEY "doofus that was a puddle.. puddles don't have teeth they have arms."
ANSATA "ARMS??? what do they do with them?"
HALEY " you mean you didn't feel them? they reach up and touch your belly
and tickle you."
ANSATA " Oh yeah I felt that. That is what that was?"
HALEY "Yup..course they worst kind is the bigger ones the ones that run and
are really deep so you cant see the bottom."
ANSATA "You are sooo smart Haley"
HALEY "Well with age comes wisdom"
ANSATA "so who was this BARU mare she refers to all the time?"
HALEY "oh she was the last horse Mom had before you."
ANSATA "She compares me to her alot."
HALEY "Well you do remind me of her but taller with more black on you"
ANSATA "Was she nice?"
HALEY "oh she was a corker...she was a great horse.. Mom and Dad were very
upset when she died"
ANSATA " DIED?????"
HAlEY "yep got in to something bad and broke her leg. she was my best
friend. I still miss her."
ANSATA "Are we best friends??"
HALEY "Yeah ANN we are great friends. You still have much to learn tho'"
ANSATA "Such as?"
HALEY "You have to get over this puddle thing."
ANSATA "okay? what else..."
HALEY " your food at feeding time.. I get half.."
ANSATA "but mom says you are a cow right now.."
HALEY "next time you go over one of them puddles... buck her off into it"

as submitted by Carla Lawson.