stallions and mares and geldings

<there are also too few responsible handlers/owners of mares and
 geldings. >

We have learned to be careful with our stallion and he has become
exceptionally well mannered in a variety of situations (last weekend I had
to ride him past a screaming Appy stallion to get out on the trail and he
never even LOOKED at him!) and he has also been ridden in company with
mares in heat...we have an especially difficult time with my sister's mare
who will squat and pee just at the SIGHT of Malik, even when she is in
foal!!!  Malik has learned how to handle this but it hardly seems fair...my
sister kept telling me "Poor mare, she just can't help herself!".  Bull!!!
Since the mare was in foal, it's obviously a purely social behavior and if
a stallion can be taught to keep his plumbing where it belongs, I think a
mare can be disciplined and taught to refrain from exposing HER
plumbing....anyone have any ideas about handling this?

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657