Fwd: RC: Fwd: Karahty bloodlines - proven performance

In a message dated 4/21/00 12:25:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
knever@eatel.net writes:

<< IMO there
 are too few responsible stallion owners .

Sadly, there are also too few responsible handlers/owners of mares and
geldings.  The most respectful and well mannered stallion is at a social and
physical disadvantage as long as owners of maes and geldings don't manage
their horses safely - and before anyone gets their fruit of the looms in a
twist, while most riders are well meaning and many even cautious, there are
still too many riders in all disciplines who don't get the idea - strangers
(horses or people) should NEVER be shoved into close communion with each
other. With horses, that kidn of confrontation would inevitably result in
striking, biting or kicking - and when a stallion is involved, he gets the
blame. The irony I see is that, while our stallion is exceptionally well
mannered, we have refused MARES to be bred to him because they were either
testy or badly managed, and we didn't want THAT in front of our stallion.
Well, we don't want that in front of our stallion on trail either. The cheese
cuts bth ways - regardless of gender, cautious, considerable horsemastersip
is essential for horse and rider to be considered safe, decent and wanted -
IOHO.
san

---- Begin included message ----
No flames here Sandy!!
couldn't have said it better myself. I am always worried about my stallion's
behavior and he ends up getting compliments on how good he was!! IMO there
are too few responsible stallion owners .

Debbie