Fwd: RC: Karahty bloodlines - proven performance

In a message dated 4/20/00 7:50:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< won and Best conditioned the Die Hard 50.
     God only knows why this horse and his owner and rider, Dolly DeCair, do
not receive the recognition they deserve.  I for one
 am astonished at the stories and lack of respect for this team.
 And that's all I have to say about that.
 wendy

If you have ridden any rides that this "team" were on you would know why
"they" don't get much respect.  I have and I know.  If this "team" is doing
the same ride I am, I stay Clear of them!!!!  It is to bad that some well
known riders can do what they want just because of their "name" We ALL are
EQUAL no matter our name or horses pedigree or MILEAGE!!!!

Keri

---- Begin included message ----
wendy lumbert wendyl@jps.net
I am currently compiling records of Karahty's get. It has been clear to me for many years that his athletic prowess is highly
inheritable. He has a relatively small amount of get that are of
age to compete, but those that are competing are doing extremely well. There are a lot of factors involved - one is that
Karahty has a very local following and is relatively unknown
outside of California. Many people breed their mares to him
because they love him and want a family pet, and have no
intention or desire to race the horse they breed.  You merely have to look at Dolly's two other stallions by Karahty to see how
inheritable his talent is - both AA Amadeus and Kashoggi have
multiple top tens and Tevis completions. (keep in mind, stallions
are notorious for being lazy, and being finishers, not top 10
competitors)   Of the get  I have researched so far, they  have top 10s and finishes in tough races like Tevis, Virginia City,
all 5 days of Outlaw Trail and Old Dominion.  You are only
seeing the tip of the iceberg as many of these horses are just
coming into their competitive years.  Many are owned by some of top riders in the U.S. so within a year or two there won't be
much question about Karahty passing on his athletic capabilities.
  While I am on this bandwagon let me just say that there never
has been and may well never be another stallion that equals
his record in endurance. The horse is an absolute phenomenon.
Not only has his record as a stallion stood unchallenged for many years, but that is only part of the picture. In over 3300 miles he only had 1 pull.  Most of his races were in the top 5.
His stamina was incredible, he did things that most people
would not even think of. For example, in 1988 he won and best
conditioned Ft. Churchill 100.  Two weeks later he won and
best conditioned the Trail Digest 100.  A month later he won
the Carson river 75 and 50, multi day.  Two weeks after that
he won and Best conditioned the Die Hard 50.

---- End included message ----