RE: RE: RE: Karahty (and Bloodlines in Arabs)

Dear Kathy:

Please realize those stallions were not "listed in the database". They
appeared as shown because the numbers placed them there. Be aware there was
no placing of anything in the simple study. The question asked (and a
question must be asked to promote a study) was who are some of the most
prominent antecedents of our endurance horses. We took the AHR# of those
Arabs with 2000 miles or more and using these as a base, assembled the
AHR#'s of all the available antecedents for five generations back. All by
reg. #. Then after this shake out a name was applied to the reg. #'s and the
list appeared as placed on line.

Perhaps these horses, and they are not just sires but dams as well with a
few geldings thrown in, are the progenitors of most of the North American
bred Arabs. After all the gene base for Arabs has never been all that large.
As a comparison, look how many humans are descended from Adam and Eve! That
was one hell of a small gene base to start with!

I read your statement <<< And my horses are not the ideal body type for
endurance because of their halter breeding (weak loins)>>> with some horror!
Why do you persist breeding for a fad rather than strong, healthy animals
that can do something. You are ruining the breed for a fancy!

Bob Morris