RE: Back to Bloodlines in Arabs

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Morris <bobmorris@rmci.net>
> Then there are many very excellent endurance horses out there that are not
> pure bred Arabs and do not have the "so called" bloodlines that some
persons
> think are ideal. There have been many grade horses that have written the

Many people ride Arab-type grade horses, (I was one for several years), and
the point of it being 'grade' is that you Don't Know what his lines are.....
who is to say that many of them aren't from the same groups.

I wouldn't base a purchase solely on 'paper', but if I had to decide between
a couple of prospects, all other things considered, I would take the one
that had proven endurance relatives (or ancestors).

Everyone has heard the wonderful rags-to-riches stories of horses found in
someone's backyard or a slaughterhouse that go on to become endurance
champions, but who is going to brag that they have spent year after year
trying to condition 'auction rescues' that didn't work out.  I tell you,
don't waste your time coming to Cleburne if you think you can outbid the
killer-buyer for your next endurance horse, I've seen what goes thru down
there on Thursday night, and it ain't pretty.

Not a plug for my lines, but just for example, because these are the guys I
am familiar with:. IBN TAAMRI by *TAAMRI (DB x DB) out of *RUDANN (DB x
DB).... means nothing to most of you!!  But what if I say that he is the
sire of my most successful endurance horse to date.  I have a sister that
has produced a filly that went to an endurance home that will be starting
her next year.  They bought her, because they owned another IBN TAAMRI
daughter who won a national endurance title in 1998, and they liked her so
much they wanted another one.  Another IBN TAAMRI daughter won Reserve
Champion at the IAHA Reg9 ride a couple of weeks ago, at that ride ceremony,
a stallion by IBN TAAMRI's full brother was awarded his Legion of Honor, won
in endurance.

By no means am I saying that you have to have this guy in your lines to do
any good, and he is no kind of guarantee, but I think it is a pretty good
place to **start**.

I put a lot into my horses, they are family members, and a lifetime
commitment, but they also have jobs to do.  I know that I have a lot of
responsibility to care for and prepare them that  job, but I like to stack
the deck as much as possible in favor of them being able to do it.

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/