EZ boots - again

My horse seems to catch the clip on the hind EZ boot on the heel of his
front EZ boot.  The clip sometimes flips up on road rides.  Last weekend we
lost a boot (the keepers didn't help much) - I think it unclipped and popped
off.  Any EZ ideas for keeping the clip flipped down?  Thought about duct
taping over the whole she-bang when the boot is on and in place...  Wish
those clips were set into the boot just a tiny bit when flipped down.

There's a rivet right under the clip.  Thought I might be able to drill the
clip so the rivet sets into it (which allows the clip to go further down),
and then cut a small square hole in the toe of the boot where the clip hits
the boot so it will set a little into the boot and maybe stay put better...
I dunno.

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO
http://www.redwrench.com
p.s. I'm finally using my married name of Fink. :-)