Re: Sore Backs

Huumm

My horse had a major back injury casued by slipping on a ride, he ripped his
longismus Dorsi muscle <sp?> and had secondary damage to the hindquater
muscles which control the hock. I did not realsie at the time that he had no
back muscles to speak of caused by a 'master saddler' ( thats a
proffessional qualification here in the UK) fitting him with a medium saddle
clamped and stuffed down to a medium narrow. I think this was a major
contributing factor to his injury. My horse had to have 4 months box rest to
get over this.

he ended up with an odema the size of an egg on his back and would not
tolerate a treed saddle. I ended up importing a sports saddle which he loved
but sadly didnt work for me. I cna recomend these saddles to anyone with a
horse who doesnt like a tree , they are very good and allowed my horses back
to recover and rebuild all its wasted muscles.

I now ride with a Wintec 500 Ap which is ex wide fitting and touch wood so
far ahsnt caused proeblems.If I could afford it I would go for a Roe
Richardson, Free and easy or an orthaflex though as I think they are an
excelleant concept.

Tamara