RE: sponging compromise

Worst case scenario, my older guys <have> been known
> to suck on the sponge or drink from my camelback as I
> squirt it in their mouths.  It's amazing what they can
> learn to do!

My gelding drinks from water bottles, but we need to perfect our technique
because we're losing too much water out the side of his mouth <g>.  Water
bottles are for him; Camelbak is for me.

Cindy

p.s. When I'm hosing him off, he likes me to put the end of the hose into
the side of his mouth.  To the point where I stopped doing it because his
enthusiasm made it harder to get the hosing accomplished.