Re: RC: Re: The problem with sponging

At 01:49 AM 4/18/00 -0500, Darolyn wrote:
I'm talkin' clean sponges!!!

You must be talking clean horses too!  After my horses start sweating, they pick up dust with the sweat & are filthy pretty quick.  I can't imagine any sponge of mine would be clean after the first time.

I once was sponged by someone who took pity on me & was wiping blood off my arms (I had slammed into a tree) with a horse sponge.  I literally screamed with the pain!  Might as well just have rubbed salt directly in my wounds.

My feeling is that one person sponging in drinking water is one thing, but 25?  50?  Hundreds?  We're talking LOTS of salts & road dust & maybe even fly spray residue & show sheen, antibiotic ointments, vasoline, who knows what all else.  Yucky drinking water for the poor horses!  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609