Re: The problem with sponging

I disagree with "   DON'T SPONGE OUT OF THE DRINKING WATER THING"  I think
if ur sponge is clean, & sometimes it is the cleanest thing on me... what
does it hurt to pop it in the water & squeeze it over your horse.  I've seen
many horses drink out of really yucky puddles & streams & turn up their
noses at the clean water.  I try to use good judgement & not stick a nasty,
muddy sponge in a sparkling clean tank, but when I know my sponge is clean,
clean.... I just see know harm in sponging out of the tank.  Now if your
standing on the ground.... wiping clods of mud and muck off the hore &
sticking it back in.... THAT's Different.... I'm talkin' clean sponges!!!
I got yelled at once this year early on... and was just blown away.... that
sponge hadn't seen a dirty puddle all day... u'd think I'd poored arsenic in
the water.  I've never seen people get so psychizo about something.
& in my 20,000 miles of riding, I've never seen a thirsty horse turn water
down because there was a little sweat or mud in it.  This is a "people
thing"
djbd  AERC #25

  CYPRESS TRAILS:  SPECIALIZING IN ADVENTURE TRAIL RIDES, ENDURANCE RIDING &
LESSONS
          SEASONED HORSES FOR SALE OR LEASE---- FOR TRAIL COMPETITION OR
PLEASURE
             REP. FOR SHARON SAARE SADDLES, PROFESSIONAL CHOICE, AND KM (The
Human Electrolyte)
                                     HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE  --
Instructional Equine Videos
                     Darolyn Butler-Dial & Mark Dial
21415 Cypresswood Dr. Humble, TX 77338
                         TOLL FREE # 1 800 228 8768           Farm:  (281)
446 7232      Fax: (281) 446 0113
                             e mail: darolyn@swbell.net    Web Page: http:
file://home.swbell.net/darolyn/