NEW HOLES IN BIOTHANE GIRTH

Anyone know how to put new holes in a biothane girth for a Sports Saddle
(the one by Bob Marshall, if that's different).  Mine is suddenly yards too
long.  It looks like the other holes are melted around the hole to keep them
from fraying, so I think there has to be a way.

Thanks--e-mail me privately if you think everyone else will be bored.
Dyane