Re: RC: SureLytes

Based upon what I have learned from Susan Garlinhouse, and others (AERC
convention speakers), and also from personal experience I would caution
anybody against using a carbo product to stimulate a horse to eat.  If a
horse is not already taking care of itself, then you should not be giving
something that could make the problem worse.

I strongly feel that there is nothing wrong in riding a horse for a season
or two (or 1,000 miles, etc.) and letting them learn how to take care of
themselves without trying to add any 'magic fixes'. As a few people (here
on ridecamp) have discovered the hard way -- there are no 'magic
fixes'.  Besides, if a horse is not eating well you should feed it
hay.  Not grain.  (or carbo products)