goin' to the vet update

OK, we're back with the X ray results on the horse that was pulled for
lameness at No Frills. The ride vet said arthritis in the fetlock or lower.
You must have X ray vision or something. The joint where the cannon and long
pastern meet has changes (inside near the front). The coffin shows sidebone.
The sesamoid and the back of the long pastern show evidence of an old pull.
My vet said none of it looks very bad or new/active. The horse is a 12 yo
arab gelding that raced on the track. His front legs are well conformed. He
is a little club footed on the right front.

1. We are using glucosamine-what dosage is appropriate? Would MSM or
chondroiton sulfate or anything else be of benefit?

2. Will bute help nip any inflamation in the bud used after longer workouts?

3. Will sports medicine boots help(shock absorbption)?

4. He is flat shod with pads in front. Would easyboots be better to absorb
some of the concussion?

Any other input is appreciated, we are going to do our best with him and try
again at Old Dominion to see if he will be able to do endurance or if he
needs a less demanding job.

                                 Thanks in advance,
                                                    Shelly in DE