a test (just for alison...)

a test - just to see if this works for alison - who was auto-unsubscribed
...  and a note:  the list is auto-unsubscribing people if messages to you
can not be delivered for (at least) 48 hours.  if this happens to you, you
are informed via e-mail that you've been removed - which notification you
will never receive because your mail is broken....

The most common problem is that some of you have limitations on the amount
of e-mail you can leave cluttering up your ISP's mail server.  when you go
over limit - new messages bounce - if you stay over-limit for more than 48
hours, we'll quit trying to send you new messages.

If you go away for awhile and notice, upon your return, that you don't have
any ridecamp, then you may have been auto-unsubscribed.

The only way to KNOW that you're not on the list is to send a message to it.
If you ARE on the list, it'll show up in your inbox as a ridecamp message,
if you're not, it'll will come back to you flagged as being rejected because
you're NOT on ridecamp.

Now this could mean we're going to see a BUNCH of "test" messages from
everyone who thinks maybe they've been dropped. PLEASE refrain from that, as
everyone on the list would get those messages. If you think you've been
dropped, think of something you really want to say, that's relivant, etc.
that everyone would want to hear, and send that (its effectively a test
message - but no-one will know:)

if you've been auto-unsubscribed, send me mail - i'll fix it

at home in springtime in Idaho keeping this up while Steph is "focused":)

johnt

(p.s. I thought Howard was a figment...?)