Iditarod

There's a great book out (came out in November) about sled dog racing.
It's called "Yukon Alone" by John Balzar.  John is an award winning
journalist (the bio on the book jacket doesn't do him any credit - he's
been nominated for a Pulitzer 7 times, and doesn't go into all of the
awards he's won).  If you want to know what long distance sled dog racing
is all about I suggest you read this book.  I've known John for 25 years
and he tells the most wonderful stories.  I suggest that you either keep
a blanket close by or read the book on a very hot day because you get
cold just reading what the mushers and the dogs go through.  Good book!

Tori