Tevis

Char Antuzzi char_antuzzi@hp.com
Hello,
I want to ride Tevis this year and am wondering what part of Tevis is the most difficult and why. I am being told the caynons
in the middle of the day due to heat, someone else said the night
riding.  I am not new to horses I have been a carded judge for
a long time and have a training facility but I am rather new to
the endurance world. My 10 year old stud did a 30 last year and
my plan for this year is to do a 50 in a few weeks, a 50 on May13
and a 50 on Memorial day, then just keep up the conditioning
that I am currently doing (appx 30 miles a week some long days
others we cruise right along with hills). I would like to get as
much advise I can. Crew advise I would greatly appreciate also,
where did you have them go, how many, what did they do for you,
what did YOU eat, did you start out in short sleeves then changed
somewhere for night, etc. Besides water and electrolytes what else did you bring. Timing, what was your plan of attack at making the time cut offs, etc. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING ME