RE: Re: Re: farrier stuff....

Vicki,

When I was desperate to find a good farrier, I e-mailed Gene and Cody to ask
about farriers in my area who have been trained in 'natural balance'
methods -- not because I want NB shoes on my gelding, but because I wanted
someone who understands about not paring away the sole and frog and who I
don't have to tell to keep the toes short.  My dream was to find someone who
also would work with me as a team (I'm really sick of prima donnas who think
I am too stupid to even be asking them questions).

Cody wrote back with a list of (semi)local farriers who Gene trained a while
back, and one of those on the list is now my farrier.  She is a gem!  After
spending months dealing with the damage left behind by her predecessors, we
are now reaping the results of her good work.  My gelding's contracted heels
are opening up nicely, and we actually discuss(!) options for trimming and
shoeing him.

Can't hurt to try contacting hopeforsoundness.com -- you may get as lucky as
I did.

Cindy