Re: Educating Ride Managers?

Lynette

Let me remind all AERC Members of the most important sections from one of
the most important of all AERC Bylaws:

ARTICLE VI PURPOSES

Section 1.  To promote the sport of endurance riding, to act as an
education center and clearing house for information concerning endurance
riding, and to encourage better care of endurance horses and prevention
of cruelty to animals.

Section 2.  To promote rider education through convention seminars,
newsletter articles, and other means as provided by the Board of
Directors.

Section 5.  To publish rules and guidelines for ride managers and for
veterinarians to assist them in putting on rides and to encourage quality
rides held under similar conditions.
***************************
So to further answer your question, Education and continuing Education
are not only important to our personal improvement, but Education is one
of the true purposes of AERC.  AERC offers the membership excellent
seminars at our Convention and continuing educational articles in the
Endurance News.  You will see even more emphasis put on education in
upcoming issues of Endurance News.    Your AERC Sanctioning Directors,
Regional Directors, Veterinarians, and Committee Chairs are always
available to answer questions or offer advice.

The point of Mike Tomlinson's excellent motion was to further emphasize
to all members of AERC that education is one of the guiding principles of
the organization.

Randy Eiland