Re: RC: re:Posse ride

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:39:24 -0700, "guest@endurance.net"
<guest@endurance.net> wrote:

>julie jhavtaride@aol.com
>I have read the original posting by manager and maybe I
>didn't get it fully but WERENT THESE RIDERS OFF COURSE???
>By runing into the vetting lanes weren't they off course of the ride??
>Isn't there a specific course they have to follow?? not just ride "out
>of bounds".. ???? If I cannot control my horse well enough to not
>run someone over I should stay home.

Then I guess you should stay home.  If I'm sprinting to the finish
line and find a pickup truck blocking the designated trail, I'm not
going to sacrifice my horse (and possibly myself) by running him into
the truck.  I'm going to go around the best way I can.  I will of
course try to avoid endangering anyone else, but depending on the
circumstances that may turn out to be impossible.

No, don't really stay home.  Just keep in mind that in emergencies one
must often make split-second decisions with limited information, and
it's the pits to have people who weren't even there second-guess your
decisions after the fact.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net