Re: RC: Posse Ride Ruling

In a message dated 04/10/2000 12:40:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< It seems that the ruling made by AERC did not consider the whole picture.
Two riders created a nightmare.  Since the ruling is in favor of such poor
examples of our sport, endurance and limited distance riders will lose a ride
and ride managers.   >>

Please refer back to page 20 in the January issue of Endurance News.  I just
did, and I found that the Protest & Grievance Committee re-affirmed the AERC
ruling that "the competitor is totally responsible for self and mount before,
during and after an endurance ride."  The two competitors were allowed
completion only, no placings, as that was the decision of the ride
management.  At the recent BOD meeting in Reno, the board voted to deny one
rider's appeal to the P&G Committee to reinstate her first place.  The BOD
denied this appeal.  Now what is this about AERC not considering the whole
picture and ruling in favor of such poor examples of our sport?  I don't
comprehend what you are trying to say, unless you are saying that we should
have drawn and quartered the riders instead of merely denying them first and
second places?  Please clarify ....

Barbara