Deadman 50

I have not been subscribed to Ridecamp for quite a while, but I felt I needed
to come back on to let people know about the Deadman 50.  Maybe others have
already posted.  If so please excuse the repetition.  This was my first ride
after my accident at Tevis, and I needed a good one to help restore my
confidence.

This was a new ride put on in the Cuyama Valley of Central California.  Jim
Mitchell was our host and much of the ride was on his beautiful ranch.  Steve
Shaw was the ride manager and Michelle Shaw the head vet.

The ride was wonderful.  The trail was great; the weather was perfect; the
wildflowers were spectacular; the vetting was just right; and the food was
great.  I will definitely do this ride again.

Another very special thing about this ride is that it was a fund raiser for
SLOPOST and the Cuesta Sespe Trail.  The volunteer effort was great and kept
the expenses minimal.  The dinner was a great BBQ and all the side dishes and
desserts were potluck.  This saved money that went to SLOPOST.  This is a way
that money can be raised to save our trails.

Debby Lyon