Rails to trails legislation:

Sorry guys!
I sent this message just as it was written.
I do not think that farmers themselves are probably the
greedy people that this statement implies.
I think here in Kansas that we have a problem with
very large ranches wanting access across the railbed
instead of going around several sections to get to their cattle.
We still have open range here(so to speak) and the roads are few
and far between. It has also been noticed that these bills are coming
from
one aid from one of the senators offices. He is pushing for these bills
I wonder if he has a huge lobby behind him or is from a farming or
ranching
background?
Pat Gifford ( who sent the original poster Steve Lindsey's message along
with the bill
info) from Kansas (where we would love to have a trail go completely
across , would be
450 miles worth.)