Re: RC: Re: The Posse Ride (From the Ride Manager)

I was not there either and with only the story
presented so far...

  I think that the riders should have known that
continuing to race was a bad idea with or without
knowing about last year's ride.

Endurance is a little different than, say flat racing
where the jockeys have an expectation of a clear track
with no obtructions. Trail conditions change all the
time with no warning so the riders have to account for
these conditions. Ride Management should warn riders
of dangers that they know of but RM should not have to
say
"watch out for pickup trucks" or "don't run over
people."

I would also say that I have been to rides where I
have warned about deep water only to find out that the
water
only comes up to my horse's knees or the infamous
you don't need to pad for this ride only to find that
the ride is much rockier than anything you have ever
seen. That's where the rider judgement comes in. In
the  end the rider is responsible.

Stasia