HRM Electrode placement

Hi campers,

Has anyone tried placing both HRM electrodes under the saddle pad and if
so, did you have good results?  Try as I may, I cannot keep my cinch
tight enough on my mare to get a good, consistent contact.  We are going
to No Frills this weekend and I would like to be able to monitor her.
Thanks in advance,

Lisa and Rococco Saffron (Did someone say girdle??  Hey! Loosen that
thing up!)