Re:SASO Ride injured rider

Judy Houle dhoule@silcon.com
I was the injured rider at the SASO Ride last Sat.  I was riding
a friend's very competitive mare, and, having no luck pacing her, had
had worked myself all the way up to third place overall.  (I was
ridng the 25) She took a hairpin turn too sharp and we went down,
landing me face down in the dirt, and in the hospital with a con-
cussion.  I don't really remember the fall.  I came to with two
people standing over me asking me questions like what is your
name? and where are you?  In retrospect, I could have had my chin
strap tighter, possibly preventing the concussion and the gashes
on my forehead.  I want to thank the couple who stayed with me,
who turned out to be paramedics.  I couldn't have been in better
hands.  I think I'll stick to my own horses from now on.

Judy Houle