Re: RC: Re: Fwd: RC: Re: High Standards on the TRAIL

Maggie,
The Missouri Equine Council has that in their code of ethics.  When they
first began talking about a "code"  there was talk of banning stallions,
especially on multi-use trails. Luckily less drastic measures prevailed,
therefore a way to mark stallions. Not that the majority of people would
know what it means, but that's another issue! <BG>. Actually I'd kinda
forgotten about it. As far as to what I think, I don't think a ribbon does
much actual good. Most people seem to ignore the red ribbon on kickers. But
if it satisfies the bureaucrats that they have protected the public I'm for
it. Can you imagine how it would complicate putting on rides if stallions
were banned from some trails? (Not that all of them would be missed <BG>.)
It sure wouldn't be fair to the good ones, or people wanting proven
endurance stallions to breed to.
Nancy Mitts