Re: Horses in Yosemite?

First, a letter is good and you can email to his assistant, Laurel Boyers at Laurel_Boyers@nps.gov  but what I meant was we need to  be specific in what we want added to the Plan.

David MIlhalic got a copy of my email message from Laurel yesterday and faxed George an urgent message that he wants us to give him three requests to add to the Plan.  They must be this specific:
"We want parking spaces for our trucks and trailers in the Valley so that we can access the trails on horseback."  "We want to restore our horse campsites in the back country so that we can access the 800 miles of trails in Yosemite."  "We want a campsite for private horses in Yosemite Valley."  Then I would add: We do not want the traditional stables in Yosemite Valley torn down. Or WHY are you tearing down the stables, etc."

The main thing now is even if we lose the stables, which they are bent on doing, we do not want to lose access to the trails, all other interest groups are being accommodated, especially, as Bruce Babbitt said at the Commonwealth Club: hikers and Bicyclers!"
Coming from an ARizona rancher, that is an unacceptable statement!

I feel that CSHA as the first saddle club in California that was formed to protect the horse, should get very upset at this slight of eliminating the horse from the Plan.

Let me know if you want more information.  You can reach George Cardinet by telephone at 925-933-3701 anytime after 10 a.m. or before 9 a.m. at 925-672-5072

Thanks for caring.