Fwd: RC: Re: High Standards on the TRAIL

In a message dated 3/28/00 7:10:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< We insist on even better
 behavior from the stallion...he should behave just like any other horse,
 only better!  :)  I don't want people to be able to tell that he's a
 stallion!  :) >>

Indeed - we agree. Unfortunately,a lot of people just don't understand that
allowing ANY two horses to nose or sniff each other is downright dangerous.
Horses who are not properly introduced tend to strike, bite or kick,
regardless of gender, and should never be allowed to or forced into a nose to
nose meeting with a stanger. It becomes of particular hazard when one of the
two is a stalion. So rather than have to TELL someone "this is a stallion",
we simply tell people to keep their horses' noses to themselves - at rides,
shows and other public events. It is just simple common sense and courtesy.
Being a stallion or not has little to do with it.

---- Begin included message ----
I agree that basic good behavior is essential from our horses, at home or
on the trail. You can't let them get away with stuff at home and expect
them to be good at a ride. Same for kids...  :)  We insist on even better
behavior from the stallion...he should behave just like any other horse,
only better!  :)  I don't want people to be able to tell that he's a
stallion!  :)

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.