Re: RC: When human ligaments tear...

In a message dated 3/27/00 1:24:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Qualconcep@aol.com writes:

<< I did this less than a week ago and I can already walk without crutches.
 am thinking perhaps I had the worst case scenario painted for me.  Has
anyone
 else experienced this type of ligament tear, and how long did it take before
 your knee was strong enough to ride and condition?  Am I in for big problems
 if I try to put this surgery off till the fall?  Thanks for any help.

 Kristi in Maryland >>

Depends on the actual extent of the injury. ACLs are no fun--they can be weak
for years and then go completely with a bad step. Have they been in
arthrocopically to see how bad the injury is?   This is something you really
don't want to mess around with--you could end up with knees like Joe Namath
later in life. That is, no knees.

ti