Re: RC: Re: simipathy or butt kick

>From: Howard4567@aol.com
Another person on
>RC wrote to me privately and thought I made the whole story up to get
>attention or mess with riders' heads or whatever.

Well Howard,
Remember back to your first couple stories. The people that raised a fuss
over some things you said were practically laughed off ridecamp for taking
you "too seriously". You were just a storyteller prone to stretching the
truth. Your last experience was so much a textbook case of how fast things
can go south, you can't blame some of us for being skeptical. (And no,
ridecampers, I was not either of the posters referred to in Howard's last
post)
I know from experience horses can get in trouble even when you are trying to
be careful, so you get my sympathy. I think you've also done your own butt
kick.
I hope your story gets through to the people who think it can't happen to
them. Those of us who have seen this story played out over & over & over get
very frustrated that our past experiences don't seem to sink in to others.
There are warning scenarios you can watch out for, even if your horse seems
okay.
Have a good cry with your horse. He'll understand.

Ride in Peace.
Nancy Mitts