Re: RC: Surprise!...colors

Betsy,
Our black stallion has grey sire & dam.  The sire's sire was grey, granddam
was chestnut & white pinto.
The dam was sired by the same grey stallion above out of a black mare.
Many of the other traits of this black mare are also expressed in our black
stallion.
So far he has always produced grey out of a grey mare, out of a bay we have
gotten black or bay, out of a chestnut we have gotten  bay &  black-bay, out
of a brwn & paint we got another bwn & white paint.
The black foals have been born mouse color.
The ones that greyed out were bay or chestnut, only given away by a few grey
hairs sprinkled in their eyelids.
Nancy Mitts