Surprise!...colors

Hi everyone!!  I told you all earlier this week that my mare had a healthy
colt (Hakim), and I have discovered today that he is going to be BLACK!
Now, the reason why this is so unusual is because both my mare and the sire
are grey......So, I would almost think that she got "mistakenly" bred by the
wrong stallion, except I was there the 3 times she was hand-bred.......
The gal that owns the stallion came out today to see him, took one look and
said "you have definitely got yourself a black!"  He is that mousey-looking
color, but I thought his legs already looked like they were greying, but I
guess I was wrong!!!  So he is going to be an awesome-colored horse, having
the 4 white socks, big star, and snip that runs from about 2-3 inches above
his nostril to under his chin....
So, my question is:  How many of you have heard of a black coming out of 2
grey's??  The stallion's sire was black, and his dam was grey.  My mare's
sire was grey, and dam was sorrel (QH).  In my mare's background on the arab
side, she has no black, and I don't know her dam's bloodlines.  She must
carry a black gene because she was born solid black, and didn't start
greying out until she was 4.  I have a full sister to Hakim, and she was
born bay, turned grey.  1/2 brother was born solid black (sire was black
Morgan), and is turning grey, and 1/2 sister who is chestnut (from chestnut
stallion).
The only horse I can think of off the top of my head that was black from two
grey's was Hillany Mistanny, but I would like to learn more about the whole
color-genetics thing!!!
Betsy
Hakim ("Wow, this is a wonderful world!")
Babe ("Do you have to be so curious about EVERYTHING??!?")
Majah ("When do I get to play with him?")
Angie ("Yah, I want to play, too!")