Re: RC: exhausted horses (re: Dance Line)

In a message dated 03/23/2000 2:39:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
michrowe@frontier.net writes:

<< I had planned two years minimally of NATRC with my young horses (coming 5
 and 6) before trying an AERC ride, just to learn what the horses are like
 under stress and out on the trail in a more controlled setting.  Then I'd
 like to try slow 25's under AERC when the horses are fitter & seasoned on
 the trail.  Does this sound like a reasonable progression?

Yes, even a bit conservative, I would say.  I have a coming 6 year old that I
will start on a few 25-30 mile rides this year.  Next year he'll be ready for
50s. I've done slow 50 milers on a then coming 6-year-old mare.

Barbara

Barbara