Horseshoes???

 I know there are goo dfarriers out there too... but I gave up , I shod
my two myself for the last weekend ride we did. I did the fronts, now I
gotta go back and do the backs, but at least they aren't clipping
themselves... I found out the new farrier I had had put "00" shoes on the
front feet of my 15 hand  mare... and that's why the edges were getting
grown over. heels weren't covered... they were long, but I contend that
if the shoe is right and the feet are normal, it should all grow out
pretty much together... SO i put 0 shoes on her front feet and they fit
about perfect. Left more space at the heels... I didn't get them perfect
(give me a break, i haven't shod in 5 years) but I got things balanced
and everything covered that should have been covered...and angles match
in pastern and hoof. I am happy wiht it, and horses aren't complaining
either... Now if my back would just cooperate.
:)
Gwen Dluehosh DVM

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:47:30 EST BMcCrary27@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 03/19/2000 6:29:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> eyler@mindspring.com writes:
> >
> I don't think I have ever had experiences with a group of workmen
> who are > more opinioinated and difficult to work with than farriers.
I KNOW
> there > must be good ones out there. My experience have been that they
start
> out > being understandin
> backslide on quality of work af> Barbara

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.