suspensories

I was interested in the post that began with farriers and moved into the
topic of suspensory injuries in horses that are long-backed and weak-loined.

My gelding has just injured his suspensory for the second time in a new
place; the first time was a core lesion and this time it's in the branches.
I'm very discouraged because he's nicely built, nothing really obviously
wrong, and is one of those who sails gloriously down the trail all strung out
and smooth. He doesn't have a long back, but he has a dippy back and is high
headed which I've done countless hours of dressage training to correct. This
is a horse that can do an extended trot that you don't have to post if you
don't want to, just sit there. He has a hard time collecting in spite of his
training, so I have to guess weak loins? Or maybe just the great ability to
hollow out so well? Are there any other MOs for horses who are prone to
suspensories?

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Smith