Re: RC: trail preservation...have a question

Dear Barb,
Trust me,
The work our committee has been doing has been with the cooperation of all
users and land owners. At some of the community meetings, emotions ran high
and I am amazed that without exception, after all had voiced opinions, there
was a feeling of true cooperative spirit which as pervaded the committee's
meetings. There has been a tremendous amount of muscle volunteered over the
past two years to rebuild trail that had washed out after tremendous
flooding. Fortunately, there is a spirit in this town that we have a very
special piece of the country that needs to be protected and enjoyed. The
members of this community have purchased a ski park above the city and it is
now owned and run by "us" and making a profit, I might add. The members of
this community have raised the money and built and run an outdoor ice
skating rink. I
point this out only because the spirit of our all being affected and
involved in keeping this area wonderful for all is what makes me love living
here and working to keep it this way. That said, I don't think it hurts
to avail ourselves of *all* aspects of trail usage and easement law. I am
constantly aware that I enjoy much of the trails and roads that I ride only
because of the kindness and generosity of private land owners. In this
litigious age, I often wonder at the generosity of land owners. It only
takes a few rotten apples to ruin it for all of us.
Pat