Re: RC: fencing

At 08:31 PM 3/20/00 -0600, Debi wrote:
THas anyone here used the 1 1/2 " wide tape style electric fence?

We're using it right now, with a solar charger.  Had used the 1/2" before & horses did run through it.  This wider stuff definitely looks like more of a barrier & seems to work much better.  Right now we've got a 3 year old colt on one side of it (it's sort of an arena, the cheap version - about 100' wide & 200' long maybe slightly smaller), and the mares on the other side - I know, I know, foolish but it works (so far, knock on wood).  Of course, the colt grew up with that fence & respects it mightily - so much so that if it's off he still doesn't go through it.  On days when he is being too attentive to the mares we lock him in a smaller pipe paddock.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for health, horsemanship, the internet & your life
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options