fencing

This may be a bit off the topic of endurance but one that is necessary?  We
are going to fence in 5 acres for pasture and are looking at electric
fencing.  Has anyone here used the 1 1/2 " wide tape style electric fence?
I sure could use some input about any and all types of electric fencing. We
used some 1/2 " electric tape last year and my filly went thru it several
times (wet ground, sliding stops).  This was a temporary fence we put up
last year.  Thanks for your input.
Debi in Illinois