Re: RC: - Ticks!

Alison,

I don't have personal experience fighting ticks (lucky me)
but
I'd try garlic.  Last year I got to travel to the tropics,
took
the warning to avoid mosquito bites too seriously and bought
100% deet which irritated my skin.  So after the 1st day, no
insect repellant, just the garlic pills's I'd packed and I
didn't
get one bite. Garlics supposed to repel blood sucking
insects for
dogs and horses too, so I think its worth a try.  There are
 various sources for dried garlic for horses,
Hilton herbs (Chamisa ridge in U.S) is one, its not
cheap but if it works its probably worth it.

Best luck keeping the little bloodsuckers at bay,
Teresa