Re: RC: RE: Re: Horseshoes???

In a message dated 03/20/2000 1:23:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, RDShoe4U
writes:

<< You should never be afraid to ask any farrier why they are doing something
or with what.I try to be very understanding and talk a great deal to my
clients. >>

You must be a wonderful exception to the rule.  I've NEVER been afraid to
ask, it's just that they put me down with the attitude of superiority.  And
if you talk and communicate with your clients, your clients are truly blessed
to have you.
My ususal approach would be," This horse is interferring (forging, etc.)
worse than usual (last time, etc.).  Do you suppose it would work to
try.......".  The patient ones would tell me why it wouldn't work, and if I
could see the disadvantages of the method, I would tell them, "OK, I
understand".  However, they usually didn't improve on the situation or solve
the problem.  But the egos would answer with a superior attitude that
suggested I didn't know anything about it, whereas, of course, they knew
everything. Maybe I was threatening to them, as I do understand a lot about
the principles of shoeing and maintaining good hoof health.  I'm not afraid
to speak my mind, and I really try to do it in a gracious manner.

Barbara