Re: SportSaddle moving forward

-----Original Message-----
From: Dbeverly4@aol.com <Dbeverly4@aol.com>

>In a message dated 3/19/00 12:42:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>Pamnetus@aol.com writes:
>
><< Any suggestions in getting a horse used to a crupper?  Pam
>  >>

>Longe him first with the crupper on, start with it loose the first couple
of
>rides, and then say a prayer when you do your first steep downhill with it
on
> =:O
>
>Sylvia

Rather than saying a prayer when you do your first steep downhill with the
crupper, get off and lead him down the first really steep down hill.  If
he's fussing about it, keep leading him on steep hills until he forgets
about it--THEN ride him down.

That's the method I've used and I've never had a problem.

Betty in So. Oregon where the hills are steep