Re: SportSaddle moving forward

> Longe him first with the crupper on, start with it loose the first couple
of
> rides, and then say a prayer when you do your first steep downhill with it
on

Or take a couple of grain bags (or haybales in bags), tie them across your
saddle so there's some weight, longe around the yard for practice, and longe
down a nice steep hill.  Saw my neighbor's cowboy-friend doing that with a
couple of horses he is training.  Thought I'd try it for crupper training as
it's sooo much easier to *watch* the horse buck down the hill than to *ride*
the bucking horse down the hill. ;-)

m (aka Michelle Rowe)
Colorado
http://www.redwrench.com