Re: RC: West Nile Like Virus

I agree wholeheartedly that DEET is an effective mosquito repellent, and I
use it on myself ~ actually, I try to put it just on my clothing and hair,
and avoid my skin. And I do try to buy a brand with a high percentage of the
chemical. Some years ago I had a mare have a pretty significant allergic
reaction to a repellent containing DEET, one I had just used on myself. So I
haven't applied it to another horse since ~ I am willing to accept that
another horse may not react as adversely. I have also seen pretty good
reactions to SSS in horses, I do not know if it was diluted or how much ~ it
wasn't me using it, it was a fellow competitor. I have not found SSS to be
particularly effective, nor have I found natural preparations to work so
well either. I am thinking that I will buy a good horse repellent, like
Tri-Tec and apply it nightly to areas not covered by the fly sheet or masks.