Convention- Run For The Biothane

    My friend De, my two daughters ages 8 and 12, and myself attended the AERC Convention in Reno.  We had a blast and learned a lot of wonderful stuff.
    I had missed this post on ridecamp but not De. It was the post where Go The Distance said they would be giving out a free Biothane bridle to the first six people to visit their booth on Friday morning.  Well we could all use one of those.  We arrived in Reno on Thursday night about 8:30 p.m. and was very excited to see it posted on the message board at the hotel that we could pre-register that night until 9:00 p.m.  So off we went to register only to find out they had changed their minds about this pre-registration thing and left a note that they would see everyone at 8 a.m.  We were bummed, our hopes of getting a free bridle seemed to be dwindling away.  We knew at most conventions you have to be registered in order to get in the Trade Show.  We decided our best chance was to get up early and be at the registration desk at 7 a.m. to register as quickly as possible and get to the trade show in hopes of being one of the first to the Go The Distance Booth.  Our next move was to find out where this trade show was being held and plot out the quickest route there.  Then we figured out the lay out of the building and exactly where the Go The Distance booth was.  All we could do from this point was to try to get a good nights rest.  Ha! Ha!
    Well late to bed and early to rise.  Off to the registration table of the night before only to find out we had not completely read the note.  It also said they would see everyone at the Trade Show at 8 a.m.  So off we go on our well plotted course to the Trade Show building.  The nice little guard there would not let us in.  I mean just because it is 7 o'clock and they don't open until 8.  So we took our place at the door.  My daughters took to opening the doors for all the vendors and the people who were working the registration booths.   We must have looked pretty official, (me I my Eeyore Overalls, De and the girls in similar attire, go figure), because everyone started showing us there badges to get in the Trade Show.  It took forever but 8 o'clock finally rolled around.  The guard finally said okay you can come in now.  Well apparently lots of people knew of this offer and it was like a run for the roses.  I grabbed my 8 year old by the hand and took off (I am not sure her feet toughed the floor again until I stopped).   De and my other daughter were on their own.  I took what I thought was going to be a short cut only to encounter a pen they had set up in the middle of the building to do demonstrations in.  Well I was compensating for that when a Vet got in the way.  Though I was going to have to run over him when he moved to the side.  Wise choice on his part.  Then there it was just ahead of me and only one person was there (and she had snuck in with some vendor friends of hers) but I knew the rest were close behind.   Yes I made it.  I looked behind me and there was De and my other daughter.  They were only giving out one bridle pre family which I thought was only fair.  De and my oldest daughter picked out bridles and then we just kind of had to totally regroup.
     We were talking to the people at Go The Distance and they said they didn't realize what a response they would get.  They thought maybe next year they would have a line everyone must run across and the first five to meet the recovery heart rate first would get the bridles.  So get in shape people because you can bet that we are!
Kath