Re: RC: progesterone implants for mares

I think regumate is your only option. It is added to the mare's feed daily
(liquid, I think). Its not cheap, I think Valley Vet had one of the lowest
prices, $216.49 for 1000ml, 100 days for a 1000lb mare. My friend has a mare
that is a real sweety until she's in heat, then she will not let you ride
her. We have not tried regumate yet. You could spay her if all else fails.
                                               Good luck,
                                                           Shelly in DE