Re: RC: color genetics

If the mare is homozygous grey the foal will grey out. If she is heterozygous
you have 50/50 odds. What color are her parents? As for roan, I thought it
was a dominant trait. I have also read that Arabs are not roan, but rabicano
( the white is clustered over the flanks and belly instead of evenly
distibuted). So you shouldn't have a roan unless the sire is roan, but you
may have a rabicano even if the sire is not, because the mare may have been
rabicano before she greyed out. Sounds like a wait and see thing, have fun.

                                       Shelly in DE