(no subject)

Hi Ridecampers....I hope all of you are out riding right now...and not sitting in front of a computer right now, like I am...well, I'm in school.  I should be writing a history paper but shhhhh...it is so boring...I needed a break!
I'm glad to see everyone back from the convention, safe and sound (and with some new ideas to keep their horses sound!)....and I'm back to getting a million emails a day....life is good!
Here's a question for the day...
Why is it that some people can feed alfalfa all the time..and their horses are fine..but then some people feed grass hay or something like that, because they are so worried that the protein level (or something....don't really know what I'm talking about)will make their horses tie up?  I really think it must depend on the individual horse.  Just like some people can't have too much sugar because they wig out.
And...there are people who don't want to drench their horses when they are warm, because they could cramp up, but then some people say it doesn't matter....
is there anyone out there (and I'm laughing right now because I KNOW I'm going to get a different post from every one of you) who can enlighten me????
thank you...ya'll have a nice day
-Renee and Sere (I'm not an old nag...I'm only 6)